It’s nearly summer folks and it’s essential to have the right footwear ready for when the sun hits! Until today, I hadn’t even thought about summer footwear, so when I woke up and the sun was shining, I had to have a good rummage in my summer wardrobe for last years sandals- Not ideal really. Hopefully I’m not the only one that was this unprepared? Anyway, here is some food for thought, I am really crushing on the black gladiator sandals from Zara below.
So, I’m currently enjoying a lovely week off from work. I recommend this to everyone! It’s important to recharge those batteries and get things done that you might not otherwise have time to do.
I decided to come and visit come back to Sheffield for a few days, catch up with some old friends and spend some time with my lovely mum. I texted my mum whilst on the train to see what’s for dinner (Standard) and she replied “soup & crusty bread.” I literally thought, wow… I’m going to be starving. I mean, I love to eat healthily but, it’s not usually what I expect when I go home, I expect to be fed so much that I can’t move. True Italian style.
But, to my surprise, there was a delicious Thai Chicken & Sweet Potato Soup waiting for me on the table as I entered my childhood home. It was so delicious that I feel it would criminal not to share the recipe with you guys.
It takes around 35-40 minutes to make including prep time. Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter.
Stuff you’ll need…
- 1 tsp Olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cm chunk root ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bashed
- 1 x 25g pack coriander, leaves & stalked chopped separately
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 750ml chicken stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
- 1 small can (160Ml) coconut cream
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Optional- Crusty Bread to serve
What you’ll need to do…
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass, coriander stalks and curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Add the chicken stock, coconut cream and sweet potatoes and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Remove the lemongrass and discard. Carefully, transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. If freezing, for best results freeze at this point, otherwise an easier option freeze complete recipe.
- Return to the saucepan, add the chicken and cook gently for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce, scatter with the coriander leaves and serve.
And there you go, healthy, flavoursome and simple way of cooking your own soup. There’s always something nice and homely about having soup. especially when having nice crusty bread with it. It’s a very wholesom soup, so you won’t be left feeling hungry afterwards and theres plenty of flavours to keep your taste buds tingling.
At the start of 2015, I made a pact with myself to try new things, experience new places and get more active. So, as part of this pact, I have decided to join the 2015 Colour Me Rad 5K Race.
What is it? Well… Expect to get completely blitzed in a tsunami of multi-coloured paint! You start off with a pure white T-shirt & then get coated with Colour Bombs of blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow until your reach the end like a tie-dyed hippy.
Benefits of this race…
- Well of course…some of the proceeds will benefit a local charity.
- It sounds like the best fun ever really. When else will I have the opportunity to gather a group of friends and get them plastered in paint?
- Also, it’s the perfect opportunity to get active this summer.
So wish me luck guys!! I would love to know what you guys are up to this summer, if you could leave your comments in the box below?
Mothers Day is fast approaching (Sunday 15th March) and if you know what is good for you, you better hit the shops fast! You don’t want to end up with an unhappy mum. If you tend to stick to chocolates or flowers like me, then it’s time to break the mould this year. After all, our mums deserve it! Check out my top 5 Mother’s day gifts…
I hope this gives you some inspiration if you haven’t already bought your mum something. Happy Shopping!!
Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you’re all excited for the weekend! 🙂
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this. I am over the moon to discover that my amazing fellow blogger friend Mira admirablylegal decided to spread the love and nominate me for the Liebster Awards! It’s overwhelming the support I have been given from other fellow bloggers. It really makes my day when people like & comment on my posts. I’m still very new to this, so all of the feedback really helps 🙂
With the nomination, I have been asked to answer a few fun questions, so here we are:
1. What inspires you every morning?
It’s difficult really, because I’m not a morning person at all. I tend to be very clumsy and drop my hot tea or cereals all over me- Oooops. But, by the time I have managed to wake up properly I think to myself that it’s a brand new day full of hope & endless possibilities.
2. Where do you go when you need to get away?
The gym. It sounds really boring but it’s the only place I can completely zone out of my everyday problems.
3. What is your favourite dessert?
Chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream- No doubt.
4. What can you not go without each day?
Cup of tea, laughter, music, phone & social media
5. What is your favorite book?
I used to love the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella. More recently, I have read a book by Carole Matthews called Wrapped Up In You. It was full of LOL moments. It’s about a thirty-something hairdresser who lived a pretty boring life and decided to find some adventure in Africa. I recommend to any girl who likes a good chick-lit easy-read book.
6. Who is your favourite designer?
This would have to be Balmain. I love haute couture fashion, it’s like an art form.
7. What is the kindest thing someone has said to you.
I love you
8. If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Anywhere hot! Ha, it’s hard to narrow it down to one place. I would love to go back to Italy to explore my heritage and eat amazing spaghetti. But, I would also love to move to New York or Miami. There is so much of the world I want to see, I wouldn’t want to be tied-down to one place.
9. Who is your fashion icon/inspiration?
Kendall Jenner- I love her fashion, make up & everything about her.
10. What physical quality do you typically notice first when you meet someone new?
Complexion, hair & eyes. You can tell everything about someone when you look into their eyes.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
Get my dancing shoes on, go and party with my friends. I love dancing and socialising. ❤
Questions for My Nominees
1. What inspires you?
2. What are the 5 things you couldn’t live without?
3. What makeup product is your favourite?
4. What would be your dream job?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6. What’s your favourite style?
7. You have unlimited funds. What would be the first thing you’d buy or do?
8. What are your top three favourite movies?
9. What saying would you say that you mostly live by?
10. What made you smile today?
11. Who’s your idol?
Once you’ve answered your questions, please let me know. I’d love to read them!
Congrats guys! You all have amazing blogs so I choose you!
It’s just a short post from me today. My Healthy eating starts here… right now! I’m trying to cut out carbs as much as I can, I eat far too many and they’re definitely not good for you. I have had a week away from the gym too, so I am back on the fitness-hype tomorrow. The warm-er weather is making me think about holidays and getting a great beach body!
In the picture I have made a simple salad with steak & onions topped with low-fat garlic & herb dressing- Lushhh
Keep it healthy guys! #Health #SteakSalad #Gains #TrainMeanEatClean #NoCarbs
If your still on the keeping healthy-hype like myself, then you need to start drinking Green tea! Most of my friends think I’m crazy but after reading about the benefits such as boosting weight loss, reduced cholesterol and it may help combat heart disease, I just couldn’t resist- It’s good to know that you are being healthy.
I read that it used to be traditional Chinese medicine to treat everything from headaches to depression. Research shows that 5 cups of green tea can increase your metabolism by up to 90 calories a day.
I would love to know if you guys have any health tips to share. Please leave your comments in the box below.
I hope you have plenty of flour, eggs & sugar in the cupboards because it’s pancake day. I must admit, Strawberry & Nutella pancakes are my favourite! What’s yours?
Also, as it’s Shrove Tuesday, (although I’m not very religious) I always like to challenge myself & give up something for Lent. So I have chosen to give up… Takeaways & Chocolate. Wow… let’s see how I’m feeing by Easter. The challenge is on.
Are you giving anything up for Lent?